November 12, 2008

I know...

OK, OK, I know. I have been incredibly lax about posting. It's just that we are so busy. And there is so much to be done. And I'm lazy.

If you all chip in for a babysitter to entertain Sadie that would help. Maybe they could distract her from her current occupation of pulling on my arm and saying Mommy all done. Mommy all done typing. All done typing. ALL DONE TYPING. MOMMY ALL DONE TYPING.

Lordy me.

That girl can repeat herself incessantly.

Anyway, remember when you were young and you would be helping mom bake? Remember how that unsweetened chocolate smelled SO good that there was no way you could imagine it wasn't actually tasty?
So you tasted it. And it was bitter and awful.
But it smelled just like chocolate!

So the next time you tasted it again.
But it was still awful.
But somehow the dream persisted. One day it would taste good because it smelled just like chocolate, dang it!

But it never did.

Well, welcome to childhood, Sadie.










And, yes, she tried the unsweetened cocoa powder 3 times. Three. Because she knew it was chocolate and she would smell it and simply have to taste it.
Finally I took pity on her and gave her some chocolate chips.

No comments: