July 28, 2009

Heat Wave

Man, oh man, is it hot. We are heading into day 3 of temperatures over 100 degrees. And the temps leading up to it were in the 90s, so it's not like it was cool.

Some of y'all may know that I am not a huge fan of air conditioning. But I have to say that the portable air conditioner we got his summer is the most wonderful appliance ever in the history of the world.

We've set up shop in the living room and are all sleeping out there. Having a fun family slumber party.
Sadie has been loving her kiddie pool. It has a little slide and she slides down it for 20 minutes straight. I even sat in it, it is so dang hot.

Anyway, on Sunday we went swimming at a nearby lake. It was wonderfully cool and we all had fun.
Here are a couple of pictures of Sadie after swimming. She is contemplating the slide. At first it was too scary. Then it was OK if I held her hand. Then she finally went down on her own and said Mama, I love the slide!

We have one cautious kid when it comes to things like that.
Anyway, here she is, pondering the slide. I didn't get any pictures of her on it as I had to be close the whole time.

No comments: