August 31, 2011

4 O'Clock Wake up

Due to a cascading series of events my two children and I were awake at 3:30 in the morning a few nights ago.
These events included crying, having to pee, being hungry and wanting to play on the iPod.

Finally at 4:30 I figured, What the hell, this isn't working, and we got up.

My no TV in the morning ban was lifted for some PBS Kids at 7am.
I deserved it.
They may not have, but sometimes TV is more for you than them.
This led to lunch at 10:30.

And led to this child being so tired at quiet time that she purposely lay down to take a nap by herself.
This has never happened. Ever.

And this one slept for 3 hours. Another record.

I suppose this was like a fun mini-party to my kids: Up in the dark, illegal TV, maybe even a cookie.
Because last night it was 4am and Sadie woke up to pee. Then she said, Well, Mama, we might as well get up!
Nice try, I said. But no thanks.


No comments: