September 13, 2011

First Day

Sadie had her first day of preschool last Thursday, and her second today.
I tried to take pictures but this is what I got when I tried to get her to pose:

So that went well.
Maybe for her first day of kindergarten I can get a picture of her behind a door or something.

It took her about a half an hour when we first arrived to be comfortable with me leaving. She was so excited to be there but she has been having a bit of separation anxiety in the last few months.

I told her that I was pretty sure that when I returned in a few hours she wouldn't be happy to see me as she would be having so much fun and wouldn't want to leave.

I was right. Although I happened to arrive at the precise moment that she managed to lock herself in the bathroom. Of course the door isn't supposed to be closed all the way but being my child she managed to not only close it but lock it.

We talked her through the unlocking of the lock and she ran into my arms. All I could think was that the fun she had probably had for the past 3 hours was now going to be negated by the bathroom fiasco and she would never want to return.
But no, she hugged me for a minute, stopped crying, blamed ME for the door locking (!), and ran back into the classroom to read a book.

And this is how I found her, happy as a clam on Miss Lindsey.

And while I'm glad that the experience didn't ruin preschool forever, it would be nice not to be the scapegoat on this one. I'm sure I'll get blamed for enough things in the next 18 years or so.

I guess that's what we mothers do, huh?
Take one for the team, smooth over the rough spots, carry the load and all that fun stuff.

But look at her and Miss Lindsey. She's in heaven:

I guess I'll have to take the fall this time, since she now says I wish I could go to preschool EVERY day!
And that's what we mothers want, as many experiences as possible to be filled with joy and fun and laughter. And not traumatizing bathroom lockage and fears.
Glad I could help, Sadiecakes.

No comments: