September 6, 2008

Quacks!

We rode our bikes down to the park to feed the ducks and geese. We had a bunch of bread items that needed to be eaten by someone other than us.

Sadie still calls ducks quacks. It's the last vestige of a time period when all animals were referred to by the noise they made. Slowly she has phased out meow and woof and moo in favor of cat, dog and cow. I miss those days. So I'm hanging on to quack for as long as I can.

And the best part is that it's pronounced quock, like Jacques.

But anyway, we went to feed the quacks and the goo.

Here she is throwing some food for them:


Wow, this is fun, I'm surrounded by quacks and goo:


Getting the hang of feeding:


Oh, hi there goo.
What? Too close?
Hey, one of your goose brothers hissed at my kid.

And now look at her. She's stuck to me like glue:

No comments: