August 21, 2008

Poor babies

I'm writing this post quickly at 10 pm as I have a sick husband and daughter. Husband is moaning on the couch and daughter is asleep next to him. Poor monkeys.

Those of you who know Sadie's propensity to throw up at the drop of a hat will understand that after last night's potato with broccoli and cheese fiasco I wasn't taking any chances. Let's just say we put my and Sadie's clothes on the deck last night so they would dry and we could shake the chunks off this morning. Yep.

She coughs from post nasal drip while lying down which leads to gagging and vomiting. So when she started coughing tonight I went and grabbed her and now she is stretched out on her side on the couch, fast asleep.
It's just like the old days of 3 months ago. Ha.

Anyway, the other day we were just wandering around the yard taking pictures. Here are a few of them.

Look at those curls:


She's telling me one of her crazy stories made up of real words and Sadie words:


Power to the people, man:


We have been blowing all our dandelion seeds. We must do our part to keep the dandelions going. I mean, after all, when was the last time you saw a dandelion?


Ah, the blackberries. The bush out in front is ripening. Every day we go out and pick some of the juiciest, sweetest berries ever.
Sadie will start asking Bow-way? Bow-way? And we must go get some. Immediately.
She doesn't even mind if they're not that ripe. She used to just pull them off and pop them in as long as they were somewhat black. But I think now that I've shown her how delicious a truly ripe blackberry is she has been waiting for me to get them for her.


Okay, I'm off to the couch to take care of my babies.

No comments: