August 8, 2008

Zucchini Bambini

We are getting lots of zucchini. Sadie loves when we pick it and she runs around holding it and yelling Zucchini! Zucchini!.

This is infinitely more preferable than when she indulges in her other favorite garden activity- plucking green tomatoes off the vine while yelling: Mayno! Mayno! Not yet! And if she knows that they shouldn't be picked yet why does she pluck them, you ask? Beats me, folks.

We picked an 8-ball zucchini the other day that was bigger than a softball. And since zucchini aren't too delicious when they grow into mutant size proportions we made zucchini bread with it.
And that is delicious.

Here's Sadie and that wacky smile again. Just settin' with some of the zucchini:

Oh, I should smile for the camera.


Hmmm, maybe they're not getting this. I'll smile a bit bigger.


What? You didn't like my smile?


Zucchini!!! Zucchini!!!

And our delicious bread. One loaf down, one to go. Mmmmmmm....


And next time I'm making a chocolate zucchini cake recipe I've been wanting to try. Stay tuned.

No comments: