June 20, 2008

Night weaning: Night 2

So once again I am surprised and pleased.

Sadie nursed to sleep, woke up 8 minutes later and nursed again.
Well, that doesn't sound pleasing, does it? But since it was still light out and she woke from a seemingly deep sleep screaming I nursed her back to sleep.
After all, here I am putting on this whole song and dance about nursing when it's light but not dark, blah blah blah. I couldn't start reminding her about the dark and light thing because she would have been like- Um, dude? It's light out.
Yes, I know she's 18 months and doesn't talk like that. But she'd definitely be thinking it.

Anyway, she woke up and nursed. Then slept. Then woke up at around 11:30 and I reminded her that we weren't nursing at night anymore. She asked for some water and snuggled into me and went to sleep. (!!!)

Again, at 3:30, had some water, went back to sleep. (!!!!!!!!)

At 5:30, it was light out, so she nursed and we all slept until 7:30.
I honestly thought last night would be worse than the first.
Holy cow, I can't believe we are doing it!

Here are some pictures from today:


No comments: