June 14, 2008

Strawberries and Cream

We rode our bikes to the farmer's market today and got some delicious strawberries. These are the kind of berries that are so sweet they taste like you've dipped them in sugar.
Honestly, I don't know how the supermarkets are allowed to sell those red things they call strawberries that are hard and tasteless. It's terrible. Terrible, I say.
Sorry about the not great picture, but I had to share.

There was a bit of whipping cream in the fridge so I whipped it up and we all had some whipped cream and strawberries for dessert.
Sadie loves strawberries and believe me when I tell you that she took to whipped cream like she'd known it for years. The progression of her introduction to whipped cream went something like this:
At first she would dip a strawberry in the cream and eat it. Then she started dipping in a strawberry, licking the whipped cream off, dipping again, and then eating the strawberry.
Then she finally wised up and started dipping her entire hand in the whipped cream and licking that off.
I've been there, with my hand or a spoon in the bowl of whipped cream, or my mouth attached to the end of a Reddy Whip can (and not for its illegal purpose either). Haven't we all?
No? Me neither.

Look at her go! I've never been prouder!

No comments: