June 17, 2008

The Talented Mrs. Maddy

Sadie's Auntie M designs textiles. Yeah, I know, it's a totally impressive career, no? She pretends it isn't, though. Her company makes housewares: tablecloths, napkins, placemats, etc.
Anyway, they recently branched out into some kid's stuff. So of course Auntie M sent Sadie some of her new designs. When they arrived today we opened the box and oohed and aahed.
There were the cutest aprons I've ever seen. But not only that, they had matching chef's hats.
Really, they do. I almost died.

First we tried on the frog outfit:

Then Sadie saw the ears of the next hat and started yelling "Bummy! Bummy!" She was right, it was a bummy. And that one she didn't want to take off. She loved it:

I mean, c'mon, look at it. It has bunny ears on the hat. Can you stand it? Are you in love? I am.

Here she is in the yard. Can you see what she's holding? No?
It's the head of a stuffed duck that was torn to shreds courtesy of Baxter and Laddie. If you don't know our neighbor dog Baxter, read this.
At least it was Baxter's and not Sadie's duck.

And then later this afternoon Sadie got one of the aprons out and ran over to me so I would put it on her again.
And there's more styles than just these two. And the cutest placemats ever. Wait until you see the Santa apron set. I'm dying over here!

1 comment:

princessmdln said...

Yahhhh! I am so glad she liked them. She looks adorable!!!! Make sure you show her my picture so she remembers who I am! Maybe we can get her to be the model on the packaging!